Services provided by the research room
Services provided by research rooms of the National Archives are governed by legal regulations with regard to technical facilities.
What can you expect?
- Of course, helpful behaviour of the staff members. They will assist you with good advice, arrange a consultation, or tell you where you can find what you need.
- Clean white gloves will be given to you by the staff members on your first visit.
- Consulting the archival records is completely free of charge, but other services are charged – Current price list (PDF – 52 kB).
- Barrier-free access to both buildings and research rooms of the National Archives.
- Free Wi-Fi is available.
- In the central research room in Prague-Chodovec, you can take advantage of buffet services, and both buildings have coffee machines installed.
- Cloakrooms for researchers are equipped with lockers, request the key at the reception.
- In research rooms you can purchase publications issued by the National Archives.
- The central research room is equipped with microfilm readers, computers with internet access and, if necessary, access to some intranet sites. Analog finding aids (inventories, catalogues) as well as a reference library, which contains yearbooks, statistics, dictionaries and the like, are freely accessible.