Application procedure pursuant to Act No. 106/1999 Coll., on Free Access to Information, as amended
- The request for information pursuant to Act No. 106/1999 Coll., on Free Access to Information, as amended (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), can be submitted through the Filling Office of the National Archives, namely:
- orally (recorded in a protocol);
- in written (documentary) form; or
- by means of remote communication in electronic form (e.g. data box); or
- may be filed in accordance with the procedure laid down in Section (37), second sentence, of Act No. 500/2004 Coll., the Administrative Code, as amended.
- If the applicant requests to receive written information in person, he/she shall state this in the submitted application.
- It must be clear from the application:
- to which obliged entity it is addressed and
- that the applicant demands information within the meaning of this Act;
- natural person states in the application his/her name, surname, date of birth, address of permanent residence or, if not registered for permanent residence, temporary address and service address, if different from the address of permanent residence or temporary address;
- legal person states name, identification number of the legal person, registered office address and address for service, if different from the registered office address;
- the applicant’s electronic address shall also be understood as the delivery address.
- If the application is made electronically, it must be submitted via the electronic address of the liable entity’s Filling Office.
- Electronic address of the National Archives: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the application does not contain the requisites pursuant to paragraph (3) and the address for service, or if the electronic application is not submitted pursuant to paragraph (4), it is not an application within the meaning of the Act.
- The National Archives as a state budget-funded organization, whose economic activities are part of the state budget of the Czech Republic, stipulates in connection with providing information to cover the costs associated with making copies, provision of technical data carriers and sending information to the applicant the Schedule of Reimbursements of Costs (PDF – 84 kB), while, in accordance with Section (17) of the Act, the Archives may also require the applicant to pay remuneration for exceptionally extensive search of information.
- The provision of the information referred to in paragraph (7) shall be subject to payment of the required fee. If the applicant fails to pay the payment within 60 days of the date of notification of the amount of the requested payment, the Archives shall postpone the application. The period referred to in the second sentence shall not run for the duration of the settlement of the complaint against the amount of the requested payment.
The above procedure shall not apply to the provision of information on archival records or from archival records, which shall be regulated by Act No. 499/2004 Coll., on Archiving and Records Management and on Amendments to Certain Acts, as amended.